Product Description & Reviews
The goal in designing the Ironmann GoMask was to design and manufacture the ultimate mask, really a mask for the seasoned scuba diver. Using the best materials, design, tooling and manufacturing. Starting with a frameless mask design. This is the most modern style of manufacturing masks. There is no hard plastic frame or subframe to squeeze the skirt against the glass lens to seal out the water. Instead the glass lens is inserted into the mask skirt tooling. During the LIM silicone molding process the glass is directly bonded to the mask skirt. Frameless masks eliminate the chance that the mask will develop leaks over time. The lack of a plastic frame allows for increased angle of visibility. The camera mount is manufactured using a lost-wax casting process from 304 grade stainless steel. Threads are machined so that no nut is needed when mounting the camera. Angled forward camera mount reduces interference with exhaust bubbles. With the Ironmann mask the camera mount is added during the LIM molding process. Built with a tempered Everclear lens. This is high quality optical glass without the normal iron impurities (green tint) as most masks. The Ironmann Edition has the addition of anti-glare / anti-UV coatings. Designed for enhanced contrast, increasing visual distinction in bright clear water. No plastic, swiveling, quick-disconnect buckles on this mask. The Ironmann uses "old school" 304 grade stainless steel buckles with direct attachment to the skirt with 18-8 stainless bolts and nyloc nuts. A deluxe neoprene mask strap with elastic woven webbing comes attached to the Ironmann. In case you're not a fan of neoprene straps a traditional silicone strap is also included. We manufacture a solid stainless steel thumbscrew for the attachment of the camera. We call it the CQR Coinscrew, as it's designed to be tightened with a common coin. To top it off we have added black nickel plating to the stainless buckles, camera mount and CQR coinscrew.
Features & Highlights
- Processional Scuba Diving Quality. No Plastic Camera Mount. Attach GoPro Camera to SOLID Stainless Steel Camera Mount
- UV Ray Blocking / Anti-Glare Multi-Layer Lens Coating over Optical Everclear Glass. Nearly All Diving masks Use Low Quality Glass with a Visible Green Tint Caused by Impurities of Iron. The Iron Particles Reduce the Transmission of Light. The Everclear Glass in the GoMask Ironmann are High Quality Optical Lens with Significantly Less Impurities, Less Blockage of Light and Better Underwater Vision
- Includes Two Mask Straps; Traditional Silicone Strap and the New Neoprene GoStrap
- Includes Stainless Steel High Torque CQR Coinscrew for Attachment of GoPro Camera - Tighten with a Quarter
- Real Frameless with Direct Bonding of the Black Silicone Skirt to the Tempered Glass Lens, the Most Modern Style of Mask Manufacturing
|Manufacturer:||XS Foto, A Division of KMJ Products, Inc.|
|Publisher:||XS Foto, A Division of KMJ Products, Inc.|
|Studio:||XS Foto, A Division of KMJ Products, Inc.|
|Item Weight:||0.56 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.75 x 4.5 x 4.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||1 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.2 x 4.2 x 4.2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.